O'Quin Zone Forum Index O'Quin Zone
Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer Vacation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Summer Vacation Reply with quote

Back in the summer, Andrea & I took a vacation & drove out to the CA coast by LA, then north to San Francisco, back inland to meet some of her family, then headed back, through Yosemite and the Sequoia national parks.

Wow Exclamation If you EVER get a chance to see those two parks, you really need to do it. It's just awesome. Driving up the Pacific coast highway was really cool, and San Fran was great, but the two national parks were the icing on the cake.

I've posted a couple of pictures. The first is at Yosemite; Andrea is at the overlook. In the second, I'm standing by a medium-sized giant sequoia - it's about 15-17 feet in diameter. (It's maybe a thousand years old!) When they're fully grown, they'll be 30 feet in diameter! (looking at that picture, it's hard to believe that I'm 6'-2", ...)

I'll post more photos as time permits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    O'Quin Zone Forum Index -> the Back Yard All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: