O'Quin Zone Forum Index O'Quin Zone
Discussions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiller/Gilbert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Gilbert
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Tiller/Gilbert Reply with quote

This is from a new member/researcher to your forum. I am descended from William Tiller (5X g grandfather) through his daughter Mary "Polly" Tiller and my 4X g grandfather, Joseph Gilbert, b RCV 1795/6. I descend from their son, James Anderson Gilbert.

I found the Oquin Zone and read with much interest abt my relatives. I have documented well my line back to Joseph Gilbert & Polly Tiller, including DNA. My stonewall has been Joseph's father. Some believe him to be a John Gilbert who m a Barbara (Barbary) Dowell in RCV on July 18, 1792. There are others in my family who claim Joseph's father was also a Joseph.

"Strong" oral history in my family also connects the Joseph Gilbert, killed by Indians at Gilbert, WV (along with Samuel Lusk Jr) to my Joseph (RCV 1795). Some state that the Joseph killed was an uncle to my Joseph and others claim the Joseph killed was my Joseph's father. Still digging.

My DNA has matched all 37 markers with another in our family from MS. They have documented their line back to a Benjamin Gilbert b abt 1770 from Frederick County, Md who moved to Ohio County, KY late 1799-1800. His sons moved on to MS and LA.

I don't wish to become to long winded on my first post but I do hope to begin conversation with relatives and friends! Any information will be greatly appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    O'Quin Zone Forum Index -> the Tillers All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: